Director Operational Hydrology
Mrs. Aishatu Tani Ibrahim
Mrs. Aishatu Tani Ibrahim is the Acting Director, Operational Hydrology (NIHSA). She has a B.Sc (Hons) in Geology and Mining from 1983 – 1987 at the University of Jos, Plateau State. Mrs. Ibrahim started her working Career as a Hydrogeologist in 1989, with the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, Department of Hydrology and Hydrogeology (H&H).
During the course of her career she attended several training courses amongst which are:
- Certificate in Hydrology at International Water Resource Institute, Vituki Budapest (1992).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Groundwater Resource Survey International Institute for Aerospace Survey (ITC) Netherland (1994).
- Swedish Meteorological & Hydrological Institute (SMHI) Norrkoping Sweden (September 2001).
- Advanced Certificate in Sediment Transport Studies, Republic of Turkey (2003).
- Certificate of Attendance in Innovation Application of Remote Sensing at International Institute for Geo-Informatics Science & Earth Observation National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Science, NARSS, Cairo Egypt (2006).
She has served in different capacities such as Head of Hydrology Unit of the Hadejia Jama’are River Basin Development Authority (HJRBDA), Head of Procurement Unit, HJRBDA, Kano, Deputy Director and now the Acting Director, Operational Hydrology at the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency. Mrs. Aishatu Tani Ibrahim is married with 3 kids.