Pst. Babatunde C. OJO (JP)
HEAD, GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS/REMOTE SENSING (GIS/RS) UNIT.
Mr. Babatunde Clement OJO (JP_Nov.2011) is the Head GIS/RS Unit of the Agency. He was made the Head of the Unit with effect from 6th June 2014, following the mandatory retirement of Mr. J. A. Ogundele, the pioneer Head of the unit.
Mr. Ojo was born on 7th March 1972, a native of Iyin – Ekiti, in Irepodun/Ifelodun Local cc
He holds a Master Degree in Groundwater and Environmental Geosciences from the famous Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. He had his First Degree in Geology and Mining from Enugu State University, Enugu State, Nigeria.
He was trained in Geo-information and Earth Sciences, from one of the world’s famous Institution, International Institute for Geo-information and Earth Sciences (ITC) now a Faculty of Geoinformation and Earth Sciences , University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands (2008/9).
Mr. Ojo had his primary education from 1978- 1984 at Baptist Primary School, Iyin – Ekiti, while his secondary education was at the Egirioke High School, Iyin – Ekiti, in Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government Area.
Mr. Ojo was on 14th day of November, 2017, given an Award of Excellence by Geoinfomation Society of Nigeria for immense contribution as a member of Care taker Committee
During his career in the Civil service of more than 17 years, he had undergone many professional short courses which include, among others, the following:
- Technical Training On Installation and Maintenance of data Loggers Type CTD-Divers and Baro, CBLT-BGR Project “Consultation of the Lake Chad Basin Commission on Groundwater Management. N’Djamena, Chad. 01st-3rd August,2018
- Hydrogeological Mapping With QGIS, ABN-BGR Project “Support to the River Basin Authority for the Management of Groundwater Resources. Niamey, Republic of Niger25th-29th June,2018
- International training on Introduction into the software QGIS 2.14, Niamey, Republic of Niger, 18th-20th May, 2017
- 62th Ordinary Session of the Council of Ministers of the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) Member Countries, N’Djamena, Chad, 12th – 17th February
- Regional Training Course on Handling and Processing Hydrochemical and Isotopic Data Using GIS Tools, Intermediate Level, Vienna International Center, Vienn, Austria, 14th – 18th December, 2015.
- Handling and Processing Hydrochemical and Isotopic data using GIS Tools, Vienna International Center, Vienn, Austria, 1st – 5th September, 2014.
- Satellite Imagery, Interpretation for Water Resources Development and Management, Charms City, Abuja, 15 – 17 July, 2013.
- Hydrological Data, Collection and Analysis for Ministry and River Basin Dev. Authority’s staff, National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria, Nov. 2001
He is a member the following professional bodies:
- Member, Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists (NAH)
- Member, Nigerian Mining Geosciences (NMGS)
- Member, Geoinfomation Society of Nigeria FM00031
He is happily married to Mrs. Babatunde Oluwakemi Esther (Nee Olowe) and is blessed with children.