AG. DIRECTOR GENERAL
Mr. Ahmed Bashar Mabudi is the Acting Director General of Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA). He has a BA (Hons). in General Linguistics in 1985 and MA in 1997 at the University of Maduguri. He started his working Career as an Assistant Lecturer (Linguistics) and then as an administrative officer. He has served in different capacities such as: Assistant Director (Administration), Office of the Minister of State for Energy (Petroleum), Assistant Director (Police Community Relations), Federal Ministry of Police Affairs. Assistant Director Administration, Office of the Hon. Minister of Petroleum, Assistant Director (Planning) Federal Ministry of Interior, Assistant Director (Appointment and Discipline) Federal Ministry of Interior, Deputy Director (Rehabilitation) Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, Acting Director, Human Resources (NCWD), Deputy Director, Public Private Partnership (PPP), FMWASD. In the course of his career, Mr. Bashar attended several courses and conferences which include:
- Nigeria delegation to 68th United Nations General Assembly, New York, USA – September 2013.
- National Manpower Budget Workshop, Ilorin, Kwara State – June 2013.
- Agitation Management Skills and Strategic Leadership Development organised by Institute of leadership and management, Nigeria – May 2012 at Dubai (UAE).
- National Workshop on Manpower Planning and Budgeting for Directors of Administration, HRM & Schedule Officers at Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – Sept 2012.
- Strategic Executive Leadership Development organised by African Business School (ABS) – 21st – 25th November 2011 at Dubai (UAE).
- Leadership and Management Training Dubai – 2011.
- Leadership and Talent Management, London Management Centre (LMC), London, United Kingdom, October 2011.
- Strategic Management of Oil and Gas Resources Program, Dubai, UAE – 15th -24th June 2010.
- Computer Application in Human Resource Management 25th July – 4th August, 2005. Crown Agent, United Kingdom.
- 1st Nigerian appointed FIH internal badge umpire – Pretoria South Africa, July 2003.
- Represented Africa in 1st Afro-Asian Games in Hyderabad – India 2003.
Mr. Ahmed Bashar Mabudi was conferred with a Traditional Title of Mabudi Katagum by his Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr.) Mohammadu Kabir Umar (OON, CON) in 2006. He is Married and blessed with Children.